13 April 2012

Offscreen is here




They glow at me, calling my name, all pretty and clean. Begging to be picked up and held, taken home to be used and abused. Magazines! I really don't know what it is, but every month I patiently wait for my subscriptions and the latest newsstand issues. It's my candy store on display. I've said it before too, whoever said print was dead was just plain crazy. Print isn't going anywhere even with all of our mobile devices, apps and eBooks. Hey, remember what they said about Rock 'n' Roll?

So when a new magazine hits the presses, I'm on it with sticky fingers (well, not really. I'm the girl who takes not the magazine in the very front of the display, but the third or fourth untouched, non-wrinkled, non-crinkled one). The latest to arrive is Offscreen, a new, collectible print magazine about the human side of websites and apps. It's an “old-fashioned” magazine in high-quality print, exploring the life and work of people that create websites and apps and the creators wanted to tell the less obvious human stories of creativity, passion and hard work that hide behind every interface.

The design is marvelous and I can bet the writing is just as good! I can't wait to get my hands on the first issue. It's not available on the newsstands (yet), but the easiest way to get the first issue is here online. The second issue is coming soon in mid 2012, so stay tuned. Long live print!

Photos: Swiss Legacy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...