03 February 2013

Still American


It's true, most people don't like change. And when it comes to logos, the naysayers are always the first to comment right? Personally, I'm not sure what to make of the new branding attempt from American Airlines done by FutureBrand. While I agree it may have been time for an update, I really wish they had kept a few aspects of Massimo Vignelli’s classic 1967 silver bird livery, with its clean Helvetica type and midcentury mod eagle insignia. The new logo is just way too tilted for my liking. And if you're going to do away with the name entirely, you first need to solidify the name with the new logo in our minds before completely removing it. As with most rebrands, I look to Brand New for some perspective. Perhaps I'm missing the glory of the new American look. Or maybe not...

Photos: FutureBrand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...